Led by a dynamic team, it has three main goals:
1. Supervising the maintenance and the conservation of the Saint-Gervais and Saint-Protais church organ. It is indeed necessary to maintain the instrument in perfect condition so that the quality of its sounds will please the public.
2. Organizing organ recitals and concerts of sacred music that include other instruments is very important to the association. Thus, since 1983, we have programmed concerts played by various instruments or groups that have included the organ: brass quintet, oboe, a cello ensemble, flute, choir, orchestra… with the goal of attracting a wide and diversified public. Facing an expanding offer of concerts by the music conservatory and the city, we have decided to come back to the organ recital in the recent past. Three concerts are currently organized yearly, in April, July and August. The July concert is offered to the prize-winner of an organ school or an award. Other events are usually organized for Heritage Days and Festival of Music day.
3. Even though the association often invites internationally renowned artists , it allows young artists to become better known at a time of their career that is often difficult. We take special pride in doing so…
- Olivier Soularue (President)
- Caroline Domergue (Vice-President)
- Sarah Soularue (Secretary)
- Béatrice Pelletier (Treasurer)
- Patrice Villard
- Pascal Pelletier
- Jean-Pierre Godet
During our recent tour in Saint-Wandrille abbey.
From l. to r. : O. Soularue, S. Soularue, M. Picard, C. Domergue, M. Baumel
(titular organist of the abbey), P. Pelletier, J-P Godet, B. Pelletier.
Join us and become a member to support our efforts!
You can send a check labelled to Les Amis de l’Orgue de Gisors at the following address: (be sure to join your first name, surname and address)
Association des Amis de l'Orgue de Gisors
Place du Parvis
For 10 euros, you will become an “active member”
For 19 euros, you will become a “benefactor member”
Starting from 23 euros, you will become a “donator member”
We thank you in advance.
|The ASSOCIATION DES
AMIS DE L'ORGUE DE GISORS is part of the
Organ Web Ring
This site is owned by Nicolas FAUCONNIER
|[Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites]|